Sunday, November 02, 2008

I'm in Love

I fired up Serato for the first time tonight and fell instantly in love! Instantly. I can't believe how easy it is... How this amazingly huge sound comes from this gizmo of mine (my new Mac Pro). And I'm now completely in love with this Mac Pro.

I don't know if it's because my first exposure to computers was on an Apple when I was 8 y ears old... But for whatever reason I feel so awesome using this laptop. I find the Mac operating system to be extremely intuitive. Part of my comfort level is around the fact that I make heavy use of shortcut keys in windows. A lot of these translate to Mac via the command key and also control key. Once you get that pattern down, you're set.

My next project is definitely going to come from this laptop, without a doubt. Fortunately, several of my favourite new tracks are available in digital format also so I don't feel as if I'm loosing access to many tracks in switching formats.

The universe becomes wide open for me now... Because all of these middle eastern and african dance tracks that are only available digitally now come into my sights and into my sets. And let's not forget my serious collection of 80s, Motown, and disco that I have on CD that I can now put on this lap top.

Getting this laptop was the coolest thing that I've done in years I think. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner! I knew I'd be saying that all along but now I know for sure. Hello, 21st century! I love you man!!!

No comments: