Sunday, September 09, 2007

Village Music

My coworker (tankey kindly J.S.) placed the Pacific Sun on my desk to point out an article about Village Music in Mill Valley (north bay) is going out of business. Sadly. At the end of September they are shutting their doors.

Right now they are having a ridiculous sale. And DJ Shadow is playing there all throughout the month of September (using their catalogue... not his own). Although he took a day off yesterday as he had stuff to do. But mad props DJ Shadow him for playing the rest of September.

Yesterday, I got 30 records for a mere $39.33. I had prepped myself for the sticker shock as I carried the mother load to the register. He said 39.33 and I sputtered with glee, made out the check, and went on my way with a smile.

This AM I am listening to some of the records... Right now we have Sonny Rollins circa 1977 going. Yesterday I listened to some Count Basie. I purchased everything from Patrice Rushkin, Count Basie, and Sonny Rollins to Flock of Seagulls & Guadalcanal Diary. Yes... I did.

Anyway, vinyl lovers... now's your chance. Village Music @ 9 E. Blithedale Avenue in downtown Mill Valley.

No comments: