Thursday, February 26, 2009

Don't Touch the *(*$! Knobs... Whatever you do

So I finally got a chance to settle down & record last night... and one of my New Year's Resolutions was to get jiggy with the mixer (oh yes i *did*).

So I thought I was getting all slick with it... It was 'round about midnight:30 that I got around to listening to the final product... the mixdown.

All I can communicate about that was: wow! Instead of just killing the bass, etc, and so forth... It was cutting out all of the sound. So I sounded like a mixing idiot. I really *need* a new mixer (Santa... where are you?). It's not the fault of the guy that sold it to me... It fell in one of my moves some time ago.

So... note to self... don't touch the f*!#$@!@#$ knobs. They no workey.

So I got up @ 0530. And warmed it up. And re-recorded. Why you ask? Time's getting short. I need time to work on the graphics and i have to review it properly "just in case" before I hand it over.

And this time you'll be happy to know I'm going to do a little peer pre/review. So Funkentanzen is on the way.

And a morning begun with a booty shakedown is a fine morning indeed. w00t!

No comments: