Wednesday, August 30, 2006

let's talk about fly

it's funny that i came up with the name who's fly (as an alternative to who's sexy because my friend's e-mail filters all sex related commentary and i didn't want to get him scolded)... then *very* next day i listen to the commonwealth club's (i know a woman who works there by the way) in forum discussion on hyphy (a combination of hyper and fly). it's a music movement... more on that later.

anyway. here's the why. then there will be the guidelines.

why:
it's not the destination. it's the journey. and the people who share the journey with you make it worthwhile.

i have the good fortune of being surrounded by amazing people. at work, i work with some of the best and brightest in the software architecture business. it's a privilege.

in the DJ scene i DJ with some very cute, very talented, and very sweet guys. they are family. say it with me.... awwwwwwwwwww (yak)

so i thought it would be good to spend a little time each week commending an artist or musician who makes the journey better. sometimes i will feature an album i'm listening to also. i could feature a gem of a music store, or something cool i came across, also. I'm going to tell you exactly what I like about it and why.

the guidelines

1. It has to be someone i know or know of. This eliminates your 2nd cousin twice removed Bobby-Sue in Nebraska. Sorry kidz.

2. I have to have a digital image.

3. You can definitely nominate/submit people that we both know but you have to get me a picture and the why behind it.

4. My friend astutely pointed out that there should be guys *and* girls. There will be. I swear. Again. Get me your freaking pictures!

That's it. Who's fly starts officially next week on a schedule. I'm going to do this week officially today (including my sweet italian friend, Simone). Sometime Sunday night/Monday morning it goes up. This is PST we are talking about. West coast rulz.

No comments: