Thursday, May 08, 2008

trying to get settled

so i must have been home for a few hours when my wall-mounted book shelves in my walk-in closet decided they were too tired to continue. they promptly fell down. they didn't care that they carried precious cargo: my backup record collection amongst as i'm already sore now (not from running... i was wicked sore before i started my running regimen for the week but i can't figure out why i am sore? maybe walking the five flights of stairs in my building multiple times?? dunno). i will be running both tomorrow and saturday and walking five miles on saturday so you if you're curious you may check this blog next week to see if i actually am still alive. other things....

back up record collection you ask??!!!: those records that are so good and/or from a foreign land so i ordered a copy so that i might never have to face life without a copy of that record in it....

yes, tsk tsk. i'm aware there's several twelve-step programs i qualify for.

well, anywho. so the maintenance guy *just* now fixed the shelves this evening... and i reclaimed some of my apartment floor space.

i've been listening to this as i put my shelves back together and it's muy excellente.

i'm way behind on getting the Mexico pictures up... and to complicate my schedule further: a DJ group/friends of mine are having a website emergency right now and because their site had been down the entire time whilst i was frolicking in Mexico i gave them priority over my photos...

despite the fact that i haven't worked with them for a couple of years now. sigh. it's was just one of those scenarios where i'm the only one who CAN help so out of respect for our shared history and because it's the right thing to do I am doing it. despite the fact that i'm completely snowed under with sh*t to do.

however, i'm hoping to get both my pictures and their site done this weekend but i will be doing a 10-15 mile hike on Sunday so this may not be doable... i'll prolly be dead after the hike on sunday...

at least i got an old version of friend's site up. i'm SO nice that i'm actually going to take that older version of their site and rework it to what i left them with back in early 2005. i know i probably shouldn't have offered to do that but i'm always too nice... it's a mental illness, really. i hear myself mouthing the words to sign myself up for too much stuff to do and somehow i seem to be incapable of not doing it!

which leaves me to the conclusion to this post: i am not really calling people yet so if i haven't returned your phone call yet, i'm sorry... i'm just tired and overwhelmed right now... i have been too tired after work to return phone calls mostly. please forgive me.

No comments: