Sunday, January 18, 2009

Dive Log Day 2: Hard-Bottomed Cave

This day we dove French Reef. These first pics are from a site called Hard-Bottomed Cave. I know there's not a snowball's chance in hell that my dive buddy from this first dive will ever read this blog and know it's me he dived with so I'll tell you this was the worst dive buddy experience I've ever had.

For those of you who aren't aware you always have to dive with a dive buddy. I usually end up diving with the dive master in the caribbean free of charge but they don't do that here in the states. If you want to go with a dive master, you pay. I don't know how much but I didn't want to pay.

But back to my dive buddy issues: My dive buddy just couldn't descend and I couldn't help him descend... He was doing everything they tell you not to do in dive training. I eventually ended up leaving him sort of as he was next to the boat and couldn't descend... I know I am NOT supposed to dive by myself but I knew other folks were underwater and I really wanted to dive. So I did. Here's the pics:

Hard-Bottomed Cave

:

A super male blue parrotfish



We swum amongst these guys the whole time and you know they aren't aggressive unless you're wearing the blingety-bling.... But... when you stare into the eyes of these gizmos you get a shiver... Can you say hello mista great barracuda??!!!



Hogfish



Porkfish



Red-Eyed Squirrel Jack:



Scrawled Cowfish: You can tell it's a cowfish by the distinctive horns on the forehead...





Spanish Grunt:


No comments: