Monday, January 19, 2009

Dive Log: Day 3 - Eagle Ray Alley

Eagle Ray Alley


This dive I got to dive with a dive master. Dive masters have done a lot of diving so they tend to have fabulous eyes...

He tapped his tank and I looked in front of me and there was a nurse shark



Then it started swimming right towards me and veered left @ the last minute!!!



And then I looked up and immediately there was another shark... this time a juvenile black-tipped reef shark:





We couldn't get the green moray to come out of his hole but he did stick his head out to hiss @ us... You can actually hear this hiss underwater...



Trumpet Fish



I swam a bit with this southern ray:





For whatever reason i didn't see many schools of pork fish so i snapped some photos of this one:





There were also other critters.... like a sea urchin:



and a sea cucumber... if you think these things look like a vacuum hose.... you aren't the only one.


No comments: